Easy Chicken Marsala is even better than what you would get in a fancy Italian restaurant, and a lot less expensive too! Ready in about 30 minutes.
Easy Chicken Marsala
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 21 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts boneless-skinless 5-6 oz each
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small shallot diced (or onion)
- 8 ounces mushrooms white or brown
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons parsley or chives for garnish
- Pound chicken to 1/4″ thick (you can cut them in half if they’re very large). Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Preheat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken in batches, 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons butter, thyme and shallot. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until juices are released, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour 1 1/2 tablespoons flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Add Marsala wine and broth and simmer about 3 minutes, until thickened and bubbly.
- Place chicken back into the pan and simmer 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Garnish and serve over pasta.