This Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat! It is the ultimate in comfort food. Loaded with bacon, cheese, and potatoes, your family will love this loaded baked potato soup recipe.
Crockpot Potato Soup
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Total Time: 3 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cups chicken stock see note
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for serving)
- sour cream (optional for serving)
- green onions (optional for serving)
In a large slow cooker combine the potatoes, onion, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
When there is only 15 minutes left of cooking time, remove 2 cups of the cooking liquid from the crock pot.
In a small stock pot over medium heat, cook the bacon. Once it is crispy, whisk in the flour.
Very slowly stir in the cooking liquid from the crock pot. Once it is completely added, stir in the heavy cream, and the cheese. Stir until the cheese is fully melted.
Mash the potatoes in the crock pot using a potato masher or an immersion blender. Stir in the mixture from the stock pot. Serve and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!