Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a delicious side dish slow cooker recipe perfect for holidays, potlucks or a special weeknight treat for family dinner!
Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 3 minutes
Servings: 6 -8
- 6 oz box cornbread stuffing
- 1.5 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 12 oz bag broccoli cuts (we used florets) thawed
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup or substitute
- 8 oz to 16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
Mix together stuffing with water or broth and microwave for 3 minutes.
Pour into slow cooker and add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until cheese melts and broccoli is tender.
- I used a 5 quart round slow cooker for this recipe. Any 4-6 quart recipe should work fine.
- We stayed true to Tammy’s recipe with one small change. My aunt taught me years ago to make my stuffing with chicken broth to add a bit of flavor and from that day forward I have always used broth in my stuffing.
- If you are a fan of crock pot liners, this might be a good recipe to use one on. The cheese will stick a bit. If you don’t like liners, you might try spraying your crock with a little non-stick spray to help with clean up.
- If you prefer to make your own Cream of Mushroom Soup, this is our substitute recipe.
- Non-Velveeta fans always ask me about switching out cheddar for Velveeta. I have not tried it with this recipe but my guess is that it would work, the final dish will just have a different consistency.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!