- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 baby fennel, thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
- 2 small corella pears, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, cut into long, thin matchsticks
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets, skin on
- 8 chat potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard dressing
Place vinegar, sugar and 1/2 the oil in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add fennel, pear and cucumber. Toss to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place salmon, skin-side up, on a large plate. Drizzle with 1/2 the remaining oil. Sprinkle well with salt and rub into skin. Place salmon, skin-side down, in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until pan is hot and skin is crisp. Turn salmon. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Place potato and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Return pan to medium-high heat. Cook potato for 2 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
Strain fennel mixture and discard liquid. Add dill. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Divide fennel mixture and potato among 4 bowls. Top with salmon and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds. Serve.