In the mood for sweet, crunchy, moist, garlicky, delicious chicken? Then this Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken is the only recipe you’ll ever need to satisfy your chicken cravings.
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise and pounded to an even thickness to make four cutlets
- 2 large eggs, beaten + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika regular is fine if you don’t have smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Honey garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tabespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium sauce pan, bring honey, soy sauce, and garlic to a boil. Stir corn starch into the cold water, then whisk into boiling honey sauce until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a wide, shallow dish together the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a second shallow dish whisk together eggs and 1 tablespoon water. Dredge the chicken in the egg wash, then in the flour mixture, tossing to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Pour oil in a large skillet and bring to temperature over medium heat. Cook chicken in the oil , 4-5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and cooked through in the middle.
- Toss chicken in the honey garlic sauce, coating all sides very well. Serve immediately.