This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta couldn’t be any more delicious if it tried! Better still, it makes the perfect quick and easy family dinner.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2x 9oz/250g Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp each: Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 10.5oz/300g Penne
- 1 cup / 250ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1 cup / 250ml Chicken Stock
- 3.5oz / 100g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1.7oz / 50g Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 heaped tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely diced, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 heaped tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 small Peppers, finely diced
- 1 medium Onion, finely diced
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Lime Juice, to serve (optional)
- Butterfly your 2 chicken breasts to make 4 even sized breasts. Combine in a zip lock bag with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp lime juice and 1 tbsp cajun seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Marinate for as long as you have time for (up to overnight).
- Bring to room temp and fry over medium-high heat until nicely charred on each side and white through the centre. Rest on a chopping board until needed, then slice into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, pop 10.5oz/300g pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Save a cup of starchy pasta water before draining.
- Fry 3.5oz/100g mushrooms until soft in leftover oil from the chicken (or more as needed). Add 2 peppers and 1 onion and continue frying until golden. Add 1 heaped tsp garlic and fry for a couple mins longer. Add 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning, fry for a minute, then melt in 2 tbsp butter.
- Pour in 1 cup/250ml chicken stock, bring to a gentle simmer, then pour in 1 cup/250ml cream. Allow to simmer (stirring occasionally) until it begins to thicken. Add 1.7oz/50g parmesan, 1 tbsp parsley and seasoning to taste. Add pasta and chicken, then stir until evenly combined and the sauce thickened (add a splash of starchy pasta water if needed).
- Serve with extra parmesan/parsley and a squeeze of lime juice (optional).
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!