Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole is cheesy, spicy, and crazy delicious! Made with only 5 ingredients, it’s low in carbs and suitable for those following a keto, low carb, or gluten free diet!
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Tips and Techniques for the Best Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- How to Store Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs cooked chicken *diced or shredded
- 5 cup riced cauliflower * from one large head
- 1/2 Cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese *at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese *shredded from block
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, riced cauliflower, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and half of the cheddar cheese. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread into a medium casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with extra Buffalo sauce and fresh, minced parsley, if desired. Serve hot.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Setting the cream cheese out to come to room temperature an hour before you begin will make it easier to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes and cook in a skillet with olive oil until just done through, or use an Instant Pot, or use leftover or rotisserie chicken to save time.
- It is best to shred the sharp cheddar cheese from a block rather than buying a bag of pre-shredded cheese which contains a starch and doesn’t melt as well.
- I recommend using fresh cauliflower, when possible. Using frozen may give you a runnier sauce.
How to Store Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- You can store this casserole in the freezer, tightly covered and unbaked, for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before baking. Increase the cook time to 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- This casserole can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, tightly covered. It is recommended to bake it within 2 days. Increase the cook time to 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Store leftover Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.