This Copycat version of Longhorn’s famous Parmesan Crusted Chicken tastes just like the restaurant! From the flavorful marinade, to the creamy, crunchy Parmesan Crust.
Copycat Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Marinade Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ¾ inch thick
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped into bits
- 3/4 cup Provolone cheese, chopped into bits
- 6 Tablespoons Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together until well-combined and uniform in consistency.
- Place the chicken in a gallon freezer bag, remove the air, and seal. Use a meat mallet to pound it to ¾ inch thick.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken in a new freezer bag along with the marinade. Seal out the air and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the hot skillet on each side. Refrain from moving the chicken around as it sizzles, it will hinder the nice golden sear color. If the pan gets too hot, reduce the heat to medium. Each side will take 3-5 minutes. Once each side is a nice, golden brown and the middle is cooked, set the chicken aside.
- Preheat the oven to a low broil. (450 degrees F.)
- Combine the chopped Parmesan, Provolone, Butter, and Buttermilk Ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about 45 seconds, stirring in between.
- Stir in the Panko and garlic powder. Spread generously over the chicken.
- Broil 1-2 minutes until the cheese is hot and melted, keep a close eye to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!