Indulge in these white chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies for a fresh twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. Crunchy pecans balance out the white chocolate chips’ sweetness.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
How to Make It
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in oats, morsels, and pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.