- Melted butter, to grease
- 85g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) warm water
- 60g light pro-activ spread (Flora brand)
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 50g (1/4 cup) white chocolate bits
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, extra
Select all ingredientsADD TO SHOPPING LIST PRINT RECIPE
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a square 19cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
Combine the dark chocolate, instant coffee, water and pro-activ spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
Add egg, combined sifted flours and cocoa powder, and stir until combined. Fold in the choc bits. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out slightly sticky. Set aside in the pan for 20 minutes to cool completely and set.
Dust with combined icing sugar and extra cocoa powder. Cut into 16 pieces to serve.