- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) milk
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, whisked
- 300g frozen berries, thawed
- Extra melted butter
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sift flours, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl. Add milk, butter and egg. Whisk until well combined. Gently stir in berries.
Brush two small nonstick frying pans with a little of the extra melted butter. Heat over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of mixture to each pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn over and cook for 1 minute.
Transfer pancakes to a plate and wrap loosely in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between each batch. If you find the pan is getting too hot, reduce heat slightly.
To make chocolate sauce, place chocolate, cream, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until it reduces and thickens. Pour into a heatproof jug and set aside.
To serve, divide pancakes between serving plates and pour over chocolate sauce. Serve with ice cream.