- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75g trimmed English spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons baba ghanoush, to serve
- 2 small lite wholemeal pita pockets, halved, cut into wedges
Combine garlic, sumac, cumin, oil and 1 tbs of the lemon juice in a shallow dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, shallot, tomato, spinach, sunflower seeds and remaining 2 tsp lemon juice in a large bowl.
Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on medium-high. Drain chicken, discard excess marinade. Lightly spray with olive oil. Cook, turning, for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through and lightly charred.
Serve chicken with the chickpea salad, baba ghanoush and pita bread.