This simple and easy Chicken Rice Casserole makes an elegant and tasty dinner. Made with onions, carrots, basmati rice, and chicken, you won’t believe how delicious this meal is!
Chicken Rice Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Onion medium
- 2 Carrots medium
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Favorite Chicken Seasoning* (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Salt and pepper, to taste** (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- In a large skillet, sauté the chopped onion with olive oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and season it with salt, pepper, and your favorite chicken seasoning (Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, etc.). Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a medium casserole dish and add the rice and chicken broth. Stir well.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
* Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, etc. ** Depending on how salty your chicken broth is, you may need more or less salt.