Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits! Sautéed shallots and thyme, a splash of white wine, creamy chicken, peas, and carrots all baked under a homemade biscuit topping. YUM.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons very cold Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 2 shallots
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly (about 2 cups)
- 4 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup flour
- splash of dry white wine (optional)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper, etc.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Biscuits: Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together. Grate butter and work it into the dry mix with your hands. Add milk and stir gently with a fork to bring it all together. Turn dough out onto a clean counter. Fold it over a few times to get it into a 1-2 inch thick layer. Cut 6-10 biscuits from it using a biscuit cutter, rim of a drinking glass, or… just a knife. Let’s not be too precious here.
- Filling: Melt the butter in a large oven-safe Dutch oven or pan. Add the thyme and shallots; sauté for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and celery; sauté for 5 minutes. Add the flour; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add a splash of wine; let it sizzle out. Slowly and gradually, add the milk and the chicken broth, stirring after each addition. The mixture should resemble a thick, creamy soup. Add chicken and peas. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Bake: Arrange biscuits on top of filling. Brush biscuits with milk or butter for extra browning. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot, bubbly, and biscuits are cooked through.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!