The faster version for your favorite comfort meal.
Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Bake
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 12 oz. egg noodles
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles for 5 minutes. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3 minutes, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in noodles, chicken, corn, and peas, then transfer mixture into a 9”-x-13” baking dish. Combine Panko, Parmesan, and oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake until golden, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!