Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are your favorite chicken Parmesan transformed into these tender and flavorful, saucy baked chicken meatballs. Topped with the perfect blend of ooey gooey cheese. You’re going to love ’em!
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1-1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, grated (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons + 1 cup marinara sauce (divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Set aside 1 cup marinara, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients (chicken, breadcrumbs, 1 cup Parmesan, garlic, onion, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and egg). Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
- Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat mixture and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Drizzle a spoonful of marinara over each meatball. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!