Yields: 6 – 8
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 6 hours 40 mins
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 tsp. sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tsp. sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. egg noodles
In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and bay leaf and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in broth.
Cover and cook on low, 6 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Discard herbs and bay leaf. Return chicken to slow cooker and add egg noodles.
Cook on low, covered, until al dente, 20 to 30 minutes.