Chicharrones de pollo isn’t your average fried chicken. This crazy good chicken is marinated in adobo seasoning, vinegar, and lime, and then simply toassed in flour and fried to perfection.
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- All-purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- Tostones for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl, along with seasonings, vinegar, and lime juice. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350F. In a platter, combine flour and salt and pepper to taste. Thoroughly coat chicken pieces in the seasoned flour, shake the excess, and fry until cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with rice or tostones on the side.