- 1 x 220g pkt frozen unbaked sweet shortcrust flan case
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 70g good-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 x 415g can Stoneless Black Cherries in Syrup, drained
- Cocoa powder, to dust
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flan case on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the cream, chocolate and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on Medium/500watts/50%, stirring once, for 1-2 minutes. Set aside for 1 minute to stand. Stir until chocolate melts. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Whisk in egg and vanilla.
Pat the cherries dry with paper towel. Arrange in the flan case. Pour over the chocolate mixture. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set. Set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to chill.
Dust with cocoa powder to serve.