Caprese Chicken Pasta
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 11 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. cooked short pasta noodles (such as penne or spiral)
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Make balsamic glaze: In a medium saucepan, add balsamic vinegar, sugar, and honey and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until warm. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Stir in tomatoes and cook until pasta is hot throughout and tomatoes are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and mozzarella, then cover and cook until cheese is melty. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!