This Indian Butter Chicken is a great low carb choice and delicious main dish.
Butter Chicken (Low Carb, Keto)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Marinate: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
- 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chunked into one inch pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 1/2 Tbs ginger paste or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup tomatoes pureed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a gallon sized zip top bag, add all ingredients for chicken Squeeze the bag to mix it all together and coat the chicken. Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
- Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and add onions to the skillet, cook until softened and starting to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Then add the chicken (with the marinade) to the same skillet, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, and pureed tomatoes.
- Turn temperature to low, put lid on, let simmer 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced and thicker.
- Stir the heavy whipping cream into the sauce.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!