A simple, sweet barbecue sauce will please even finicky eaters. Make a big batch of this scrumptious stir-together barbecue sauce, refrigerate up to two weeks, and have an easy chicken dinner.
Brown-Sugar Barbecue Chicken Drumettes
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 45 MINS
- 2 c. ketchup
- 1 c. packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 6 lb. chicken drumettes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1 cup sauce for tossing raw chicken; use rest for baked chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with racks in upper and lower thirds; line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Divide drumettes between baking sheets, and toss with reserved 1 cup sauce.
- Bake chicken until opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing chicken halfway through. Toss baked drumettes with 1/2 cup sauce, and serve with remaining sauce on the side.