Broccoli pesto is the easiest way to upgrade seared chicken thighs.
Broccoli Pesto Chicken & Rice
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 1 c. jasmine rice
- 2 small heads broccoli, florets removed and blanched, divided
- 1 c. fresh basil
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. raw almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make pesto: In a food processor, blend half the broccoli, basil, and 1/2 cup oil until combined. Add Parmesan, almonds, and garlic and season with salt; blend until combined.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Season chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook until skin is crispy and chicken no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add cooked rice to skillet and stir until coated in chicken juices. Return chicken to skillet and add remaining broccoli.
- Dollop with broccoli pesto and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!