Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 3 minutes
Servings: 6 -8
- 6 oz box cornbread stuffing
- 1.5 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 12 oz bag broccoli cuts (we used florets) thawed
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup or substitute
- 8 oz to 16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
Mix together stuffing with water or broth and microwave for 3 minutes.
Pour into slow cooker and add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until cheese melts and broccoli is tender.
- I used a 5 quart round slow cooker for this recipe. Any 4-6 quart recipe should work fine.
- We stayed true to Tammy’s recipe with one small change. My aunt taught me years ago to make my stuffing with chicken broth to add a bit of flavor and from that day forward I have always used broth in my stuffing.
- If you are a fan of crock pot liners, this might be a good recipe to use one on. The cheese will stick a bit. If you don’t like liners, you might try spraying your crock with a little non-stick spray to help with clean up.
- If you prefer to make your own Cream of Mushroom Soup, this is our substitute recipe.
- Non-Velveeta fans always ask me about switching out cheddar for Velveeta. I have not tried it with this recipe but my guess is that it would work, the final dish will just have a different consistency.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.