Cajun chicken is here to spice up your weeknight dinner. Filled with peppers and cheese and seasoned with lots Cajun spices this chicken is anything but boring.
Best Cajun-Stuffed Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 45 MINS
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. medium onion, diced
- 1 c. red and green bell pepper, diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and peppers and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- With a sharp paring knife, create a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with vegetable mixture, then top with cheddar. Season chicken all over with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.