Skip the freezer aisle selection and make your own popcorn chicken right at home! This easy recipe comes complete with a honey mustard dipping sauce that makes the whole thing addictive and downright irresistible.
Best Bake Popcorn Chicken
YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
FOR THE CHICKEN
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease two large baking sheets with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to a medium shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together bread crumbs, cornmeal, Parmesan, and cayenne. Season with salt.
- Working in batches, add chicken to eggs then dredge in bread crumb mixture until fully coated. Spread chicken in even layers on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake chicken until golden and cooked through, flipping halfway through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and cayenne until fully combined.
- Serve chicken with dipping sauce.