Juicy, bold, and flavorful Puerto Rican chicken also known as “pollo al horno” is the perfect chicken recipe to start off with if you’re new to cooking Puerto Rican food!
Baked Puerto Rican Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Marinate: 2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 3 pounds of drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 packet of Sazon seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of sofrito optional
- Toss chicken and remaining ingredients together into a large bowl, gently mix to coat chicken with seasonings.
- Allow chicken to marinate 2-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, flip chicken over, bake another 20 minutes before raising heat to 400 degrees for the final 5-10 minutes.