Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken with Red Onions and Mozzarella Cheese – a delicious way to cook chicken breasts and keep them moist, flavorful and far from boring!
Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 6 strips bacon cooked and diced
- 1/4 red onion sliced (about 1/4 cup) + extra
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Using a spoon, brush chicken breasts with BBQ sauce.
- Top with diced pineapple.
- Add chopped cooked bacon on top of the chicken.
- Top with sliced red onion.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Broil for the last 4 minutes if desired.
- To serve, top chicken with a small amount of extra diced pineapple, a little bit of remaining sliced red onion, and diced green onions.