Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken with Red Onions and Mozzarella Cheese – a delicious way to cook chicken breasts and keep them moist, flavorful and far from boring!
Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 6 strips bacon cooked and diced
- 1/4 red onion sliced (about 1/4 cup) + extra
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Using a spoon, brush chicken breasts with BBQ sauce.
- Top with diced pineapple.
- Add chopped cooked bacon on top of the chicken.
- Top with sliced red onion.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Broil for the last 4 minutes if desired.
- To serve, top chicken with a small amount of extra diced pineapple, a little bit of remaining sliced red onion, and diced green onions.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!