- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 4 bagels, split
- 125g haloumi, cut into slices crossways
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
To make the avocado hummus, toast the cumin and paprika in a small frying pan over medium heat for 1 min or until aromatic. Transfer to a food processor. Add the avocado, chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini and process until smooth. Season to taste.
To make the chermoula, combine the coriander, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic and Moroccan seasoning in a small bowl. Season.
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Add the asparagus and cook, turning, for 2-3 mins or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Toast the bagels, cut-side down, on the grill for 1 min or until toasted.
Cook the haloumi on the grill for 1 min each side or until charred. Transfer to a plate. Place bagels on serving plates. Spread with avocado hummus. Top with haloumi and asparagus and drizzle with chermoula.