- 2 x 410g cans apricot halves in natural juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup sifted self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup sifted plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup milk
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 4-cup ovenproof dish. Combine apricot and orange rind. Spoon into the greased dish and set aside.
Combine flours, and caster sugar in a large bowl. Add butter, and use your fingertips to rub butter lightly into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Combine egg and milk in a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until dough-like then place heaped tablespoonfuls on top of the apricots to cover them entirely.
Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve immediately.